The ALPHA Course is a basic introduction to Christianity. It offers an opportunity to explore the meaning of life in a relaxed, informal, non-judgmental setting. ALPHA meets once a week for 10 weeks. Each session starts with a meal, followed by a short, engaging talk on DVD, with time for questions and discussion. Everyone is welcome to contribute and no question is considered hostile or too simple.
Who Is ALPHA For?
ALPHA is for everyone. People attend from all backgrounds, religions, and viewpoints. They come to investigate questions about the existence of God, the purpose of life, the claims of Jesus, the afterlife, and more. Some people attend because they want to get beyond religion and find a relationship with God that changes life. Others come for the long-lasting friendships that are typically built during the ALPHA course.
Many of our guests have never been to church before. Others may have attended church but feel they've never really understood the basics of the Christian faith. Wherever you are in your spiritual journey, everyone is welcome.
There is no charge for attending the ALPHA course.
The talks cover the following topics, which serve as springboards for discussion:
• Introduction: Is there more to life than this?
• Week 1: Who is Jesus?
• Week 2: Why did Jesus die?
• Week 3: How can we have faith?
• Week 4: Why and how do I pray?
• Week 5: Why and how should I read the Bible?
• Week 6: How does God guide us?
• Week 7: How can I resist evil?
• Week 8: Why & how should we tell others?
• Week 9: Does God heal today?
• Week 10: What about the Church?
• Weekend Getaway: Who is the Holy Spirit? How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
If you'd like to find out more about ALPHA or sign up for the next course, please contact the church office.